Software Engineer - Communications Intelligence
7 days left
- Job Type
Communications Intelligence is an essential tool for the investigation of terrorism, serious crime and fraud. Roke works with investigating agencies, police forces and communications operators to deliver class-leading Communications intelligence solutions.
We are seeking highly energised software engineers to join our team to develop high quality software for investigating agencies.
The role requires software engineers to work at Roke and/or London and/or Cheltenham, capable of delivering robust product code and associated tests for a number of related code bases.
Successful candidates will be capable of design and development in multiple high-level languages, ideally with knowledge of scripting and test and development frameworks. Candidates will be expected to learn new frameworks and languages and solve challenging problems both in terms of solution capability and performance. Familiarity with both system and unit testing frameworks and test driven development is considered a significant plus.
You will work as part of teams and occasionally alone with some travel to customer sites or Roke being inevitable regardless of base location.
Areas of Responsibility/Tasks
• Work as part of strong software engineering teams to deliver and present new capabilities to users
• Develop your and others' ideas from concepts into products
• Supporting Roke's business development function by providing technical consultancy and contributing to bids
• Experience of communications protocols, and development of solutions with fixed and/or mobile networks.
• Good software engineering skills with knowledge of high-level languages (e.g. C, C++, Java etc.) and associated frameworks. With an ability to learn new programming languages and frameworks quickly.
• Good software engineering abilities with familiarity with concepts such as test driven development, continuous integration and version control (essential)
• Ability to understand, adapt and architect complex software systems (desirable)
• Knowledge of additional frameworks and languages beneficial due to broadness of potential work (desirable)
• Prior experience of Communications Intelligence solutions, or working with an investigating agency an advantage.
• Current DV clearance or the ability to achieve DV clearance.
Due to the nature of this position, candidates must be willing to undergo, and eligible to achieve HMG security clearance (prior to appointment). As a result, candidates should be a British Citizen; and have resided in the UK for the last 10 years. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme, private medical insurance and pension, along with a whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance and dental care. Roke is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity.
More jobs like this
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Central Government jobs in Gloucester
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Consultancy jobs in Gloucester
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Cyber Security jobs in Gloucester
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Defence jobs in Gloucester
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Digital Forensics jobs in Gloucester