Service Architect (SC clearance)
My client is looking for a number of Service Architects based in the South East and North West of England working on a Defence project.
New Style of IT (Deployed) is a 4th line service based around embedded engineers at MoD locations and a Service Desk. NSoIT(D) requires a Service Architect with strong Experience to transition from the incumbent Supplier to my client and then the establishment of new processes to support the on-going activities.
Job purpose & accountabilities:
Develop service design documentation for all Logistic Support processes at Warrington. Ensuring that the documents provide sufficient detail to enable transition to live and enable operations to deliver and support the services. This will include planning for Service Operations, encompassing KPI and PI alignment to the service, tooling, skills and volume
* During transformation liaising with programme, operational capability teams and the customer to assure and support delivery of quality service products on time and to budget.
* Maintain reusable collateral for future opportunities acting on feedback received from delivery, support teams concerning delivery and operation of services and through continual service improvement which will include collecting and aligning existing process artefacts and developing a Service Delivery Architecture Framework.
* Interacting with other Architect and programme disciplines during delivery and/or transformation to operations and EMEIA wide teams to ensure architectural conformance to process model and standards.
Developing processes for:
1. Supply Support (Asset Mgt, Configuration Management, Transportation, etc.),
2. Break-fix (Repairs, Disposal, Eqpt Quarantine, Scheduled Maintenance etc.)
Reporting to Solution Owner
Strong customer-management and interpersonal skills and an in-depth knowledge of the service design area.
The ability to express a pragmatic and thorough design, taking into account any conflicting priorities of the business or Customer.
The ability to hold a large and diverse design team to a single agreed approach, and to ensure that there are no gaps between the various components.
The Service Architect must have:
* A detailed knowledge of service delivery concepts and techniques.
* A strong operational understanding of service supply chains
* Experience of service design for major IT systems
* A broad knowledge of the constituent components of the DII solution
* The ability to write coherent, concise, and readable technical documentation.
Client-facing skills at senior-level discussion, with the ability to communicate ideas and thoughts to senior executives
* A detailed knowledge of service delivery concepts and techniques with strong operational understanding of service supply chains
* Experience of service architecture and design for major IT systems
ITIL version 3 Practitioner or Expert
* Experience of modelling techniques and tools - process, applications, data and technology
Knowledge of Remedy and or MJDI
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world.
Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Diversity Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.