IT Security Architect
Job Title: IT Security Architect
Salary: To £65K + Flex Benefits Dependant on experience
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Operational Security Team within a managed security Service provision. As the IT Security Architect you will be responsible for delivery of business change through the development of secure architecture, supporting security policy and accreditation requirements. Additionally, you t will play a role in the development of an Information Security Management System (ISMS) and associated work to achieve ISO 27001 Certification. DV Clearance preferred but we will consider candidates eligible for SC Clearance and prepared to go to DV for this role.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provision of assessments of the business environment and the information risk associated with in-scope systems
- Engage with the solution architects to identify information risks that arise from proposed architectural designs.
- Propose architectural designs and countermeasures that mitigate risk and align with business policy.
- Balance the cost of design countermeasures in line with information risk.
- Ensure the secure configuration of systems in line with design requirements.
- Work closely with solution architects and wider design teams to ensure that accreditation aspects are addressed
- within the RMADS;
- Support the development of the ISMS, with support from other security and service management personnel and work
- to ISO 27001 certification;
- Engagement with the accreditor and other security stakeholders to assist with the development of RMADS and
- related support documentation (e.g. ISO 27001 Statement of Applicability, generic SyOps, any required Code of
- Connection / Interconnection Security Policy development.
- Ensuring that the policy described in the RMADS is reflected in the security design and in the conformance
- testing support documentation;
- Ensure architectural design meets security policy and is an enabler of accreditation.
- Provide and manage an approach to the management of design requirement to support accreditation for legacy systems.
- In depth knowledge of HMG Policy, Practice and Design Architecture
- In depth knowledge of Networks, Security Appliances etc..
- Good knowledge of IT Health Testing process and procedures
- Eligible for SC and DV Clearance
- DV Cleared
EXCLUSIVE OPPORTUNITY: Sopra Steria, a European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end-to-end service offerings on the market: consulting, systems integration, software development, infrastructure management and business process services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public-sector organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges. Combining high quality and performance services, added value and innovation, Sopra Steria enables its clients to make the best use of digital technology.
With over 38,000 employees in more than 20 countries and revenue of €3.6 billion in 2015, this is a great time to join the organisation as you will be pivotal to our continued development and growth plans. We’re offering you the opportunity to do more too - using your business skills and knowledge, and your creativity, to add more value than clients would traditionally expect.
About this Company
On offer is the opportunity to work for a European leader in digital transformation. The roles come with competitive salaries, the opportunity for further development and the potential for a wide and diverse career within Sopra Steria.
Sopra Steria is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.