Requirements Analyst, Requirements Manager, Business Analyst, Agile, Telford
About the Role
The Requirements Analyst operates as a member of a project delivery team. They are responsible for creating, communicating and maintaining analysis artefacts such as; requirements specifications, logical data models, use case models and business process models. Supporting the Product Owner in managing the product backlog. In large project environments, the Requirements Analyst may coordinate and govern business analysis activities across multiple delivery teams.
Creates, maintains and communicates analysis models and requirements specifications that meet the Product Owner's approval. Works with the Product Owner and the project delivery team to generate and prioritise product backlog items. Ensures the project delivery team understands items in the product backlog to the level needed.
With the Product Owner, educates the project delivery team in the business domain.
Works with the Product Owner, project delivery team and Stakeholders to elaborate the requirements for backlog items to meet the definition of 'ready' and In the Product Owner's absence, may act as proxy.
You will be required to work under general direction within a clear framework of accountability and exercise substantial personal responsibility and autonomy. Planning your own work to meet given objectives and processes. Participate in activities related to own specialism and making decisions which influence the success of projects and team objectives. Work includes a broad range of complex technical or professional activities, in a variety of contexts. Investigates, defines and resolves complex issues.
The role holder should be able to selects appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications. Communicates fluently, orally and in writing, and can present complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences. Facilitates collaboration between stakeholders who share common objectives. Plans, schedules and monitors work to meet time and quality targets. Rapidly absorbing new information and applying it effectively. Maintaining an awareness of developing technologies and their application and takes some responsibility for driving own development.
Has a working knowledge of agile and Lean concepts as applied at scale and holds the values of the Agile Manifesto and applies the principles behind the Agile Manifesto. Encourages colleagues the principle of self-organizing teams. Ensuring that best-practice analysis tools and techniques are followed and improved on, ensuring on-going process improvement and consistent good practice across all delivery teams
This is a role which will be an exciting challenge for those looking to deliver technological change against a background of organisational transformation, working for an ambitious organisation, with the opportunity to make a difference not just to government, by delivering new ways of working. Our move to digital services and the way we utilise customer data and data received by other organisations is critical
* A high level of business understanding and analysis skills.
* Ability to analyse/understand customer requirements and communicate that to others in a logical and concise manner.
* Excellent documentation skills.
* A high level of commercial awareness.
* Proven capability of managing/delivering solutions on time, to budget and to a high level of quality.
* Excellent communication skills - ability to communicate at all levels from senior management to stake holders.
* A highly structured and organised approach to working.
* Ability to work both individually and as an effective team member.
* Ability to think on your feet and show initiative.
* They must hold current BA certification with Pega systems (Pega Certified Business Architect).
* Although not specifically a development role, significant experience and/or knowledge of the following would be beneficial:
* Requirements gathering methodologies
* Enterprise Architecture modelling (such as OpenText Provision)
* OpenText MBPM (formerly Metastorm e-Work), Cordys or other Business Process Management software such as Bizagi, Pega etc.
* Workflow modelling
* Database modelling
* Experience and a good understanding of SQL (Structured Query Language)
* Experience and a good understanding of .Net Development (C#/ASP.Net)
* A good understanding of Web Services and Service Oriented Architecture
* A good understanding of Reporting Technologies (MS Reporting Services / Business Objects)
If this role sounds of interest apply to this advert with your latest CV or for more details please contact Emily on 0161 924 3907 or send me an email - Emily.higgs-