Head of Design Organisation - Cheltenham
Head of Design Organisation
Staverton, nr Cheltenham
Experis are recruiting on behalf of our Client a leading Aerospace organisation for an experienced Head of Design to join their business based in Staverton.
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows -
- Oversight of the Design Assurance System (DAS). Planning, co-ordinating and managing the design and certification of aircraft modifications.
- All aspects of airworthiness regarding Design and Flight Test.
- Planning of design and certification activities and management of the Design Office, including personnel management.
- The final approval of Changes.
- Building and sustaining a good relationship with EASA.
- Closely co-operating with in-house technical specialists to resolve production, installation and in-service issues.
- Close liaison with the project management, logistics, production and installation functions.
The successful candidate will display the following skills and experience -
- Strong experience in a similar position as a head of design or chief engineer.
- Strong technical background within a design office.
- Previously held EASA form 4 approval.
- Strong previous management experience.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Head of Design Organisation to join a leading Aerospace Organisation's Design Office during a period of growth and being an integral part of cutting edge platform design projects.