Trading Standards Officers
About the Role
Bucks and Surrey Trading Standards have joined to form one of the country’s largest and most innovative Trading Standards service. We are based in two locations, Aylesbury and Redhill and our aims are to protect individuals, communities and businesses from harm and financial loss, help businesses to thrive by maintaining a Fair Trading environment and to improve the health and wellbeing of people and communities across Buckinghamshire and Surrey.
The Aylesbury posts will see you either based within a dedicated team of investigators where you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in a role that enables you to use your knowledge and skills to investigate a variety criminal matters across the broad spectrum of trading standards legislation. Alternatively in Aylesbury you will be based within our Intelligence/incoming demand team where you are the first point of contact for the majority of work that comes into the service, understanding problems as they are presented and where possible resolving issues at the first point of contact. You will have the opportunity to get to the root cause of a variety of problems, finding solutions before they cause wider consumer detriment.
The Redhill post will see you based within a dedicated team of Business Advisors. You will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in a role that enables you to use your knowledge and skills to provide the most complex of advice to a variety of businesses, in line with the Primary Authority scheme.
If you would like to join us, please submit your CV and Personal Statement clearly indicating which roles and/or location(s) you would be interested in.
To be shortlisted to interview your application/CV will clearly evidence:
- Experience of Trading Standards criminal investigations
- Experience of and a good understanding of the legislative framework that Trading Standards must adhere to.
- Experience of providing business advice to a variety of businesses.
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstration of how you are a team player
- A flexible and adaptive approach to work
- Hold a Trading Standards qualification, or demonstrate commensurate experience and knowledge of the broad scope of Trading Standards matters.
Please note CV’s will be reviewed on an on going basis and interviews arranged at mutual convenience.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 31st March 2017.
Please note, if access to the GCSX (PSN) network is required for this role, a Basic Disclosure (DBS check) will be required to meet the Government Baseline Personnel Security Standards.
For an informal discussion about the TSO posts in our Intelligence/Incoming Demand team in Aylesbury, please feel free to contact Sarah Stevens, Senior Intel Officer on 01296 388771 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an informal discussion about the TSO posts based in our Investigations team in Aylesbury, please feel free to contact Graeme Preston, Supervisor on 01372 371752 or by email email@example.com.
For an informal discussion about the TSO post based in our Business Advice & Compliance team in Redhill please feel free to contact Andrew Pollard, Business Advice and Partnerships Manager, on 01372 371680 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
More jobs like this
- £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Defence jobs in Redhill
- £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Intelligence jobs in Redhill
- £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Legal jobs in Redhill
- £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Policing jobs in Redhill
- £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Public Sector jobs in Redhill