Armourer (Small Arms)
Armourer (Small Arms) - Carmarthenshire
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Armourer/Mechanical Technician to join the Weapons division of a Global Defence Technology & Security organisation. This is a permanent full-time opportunity, based at their unique test centre in Carmarthenshire - one of only two of its kind in the world!
Your day to day responsibilities include:
To maintain, repair, prepare and inspect a wide range of small calibre weapons, mountings and ancillaries to meet the range trial programme.
- To prepare and inspect weapons and ancillaries prior to issue to meet the weekly range programme.
- Maintain and repair all weapons, mountings and ancillaries, many of non-service pattern design.
- To investigate and report, weapon and mounting defects.
- To ensure all weapon history documentation and the armoury database is maintained.
- To ensure that the security of weapons and the armoury is maintained at all times.
- Be capable to read engineering drawings and carryout weapon modifications when tasked.
- Be capable of carrying out engineering tasks e.g. welding, machining and engraving.
- To ensure all Health & Safety requirements are observed and applied.
Qualifications & experience you need:
- NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Armourer Trade Training Class 2 and above (or equivalent) or Q qualifications in relevant field (small arms, aircraft gun/cannon etc.) or a relevant time-served gunsmith apprenticeship
- Experience of maintaining, analysing weapon problems, inspecting and examining a wide range of small arms and their ancillaries
- Wide technical knowledge of small arms operations and principles
- Fork Lift Truck License
- Non Destructive Testing (NDT) Inspector
If you are successful you will need to be eligible to gain Ministry of Defence SC Clearance.
How to apply:
If you have the required skills and experience we need, please apply online today to be considered for an interview. Your application will be reviewed by Paul Perkins (Recruitment Consultant). Please note that we are not always able to contact every applicant.