Technical Field Engineer - Mid level
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a successful £100m service delivery organisation as a Technical Field Engineer, based at client site in Aldermaston, West Berkshire.
The Technical Field Engineer will be someone who can blend a high level of customer service with first rate technical skills. You will be a problem solver, with a flexible attitude and work ethic within our evolving environment.
An understanding of incidents with an ambition to problem solve and create solutions within the team, is key for this role.
Additional to your skillset and because of the nature of the site you will required to already have or be able to achieve DV clearance. This means that the following prerequisites apply.
- Hold full British Citizenship
- Have resided in the UK for the past 10 years
- References to cover the last 5 years, including education, employment and personal
Your main day to day responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Desktop repair
- Perform network cabling diagnostics, tracing between deskside and comms room
- Perform a variety of tasks required to support the customer
- Good understanding of ticket management with an eye for frequent, detailed and progressive updates
- Working within different areas of the team, from Break Fix to warehousing, admin & parts ordering on a rota system
Experience in most or all of the following;
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Office
- Hardware Break Fix and configurations on PC's
- Exposure of Multi-Functional Printer break fix and configuration
- Excellent Customer facing skills
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows O/S configuration / management / troubleshooting
- Installing components, following full ESD protection
- Ability to Network Patching & Diagnosis (Switch to Device)
- Able to communicate confidently and clearly both verbally and written
- Awareness of logistics and parts ordering
- Knowledge of ESD compliance
- Already having either DV or SC clearance would be a huge advantage
- HP Desktop Certification or equivalent
- HP Printer Exposure (MPS)
- Laptop support
- Office 365
- Understanding of Windows 7, 8.1 & 10
- A+ Certification
- ITIL Foundation
This is an excellent opportunity to join us and as an employee you will gain access to a large library of training courses and accreditations to help further your skills and development.
Based on our client site in Aldermaston you can enjoy the amenities of an on-site restaurant and Costa Coffee as well as ample parking and good public transport links.
We also offer an excellent benefits package including a workplace pension scheme, and various other flexible benefits including private medical cover, life insurance, and flexible holiday to name a few.
Apply now for consideration!
For more IT and Service Delivery positions across the UK and Ireland visit our careers page at https://www.hpcds.com/vacancies/