3rd Line Support / Infrastructure Support Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a successful £100m service delivery organisation as a 3rd Line Support / Infrastructure Support Engineer, based at client site in Aldermaston, West Berkshire.
In this position your main responsibility is to provide a quality 3rd Line experience and support for all internal and external customers, and to engage with key suppliers and support functions.
Key day to day tasks & responsibilities:
- To provide a high level of customer service at all times, ensuring the customer is kept updated throughout the life cycle of the call.
- Responsible for the managed refurbishment of PC across all sites and all Networks.
- To execute last minute requests for work in the highest profile locations.
- To Manage a 160+ Conference rooms with the latest Audio Visual equipment installed to ensure patching and serviceability. Liaising with specialist suppliers to resolve faults and customers to design requirements.
- Day to day responsibilities for overall PC build. Including remote and manual software installation and OS software deployment. Applying firmware updates, software patches and updates to achieve optimum product functionality.
- Carry out Software version customization, testing services and technical support.
- Work in a timely and organised manner in conjunction with high profile project plans.
- Provide problem diagnosis to management coherently and recommend possible resolutions.
- Carry out any other duty in relation to the delivery of the contact as required by the Evergreen team leader or Service Delivery Manager.
- Potential for overtime by supporting out of hours
Skills & Experience:
You will have knowledge of the following skills.
- Networking fundamentals
- Planning and Implementing installation projects and process
- Windows 10/7/XP
- Maintenance and repair PC hardware and peripherals
- SCCM deployment
- Active Directory
- Experience of large OS migration projects
- Experience of SCCM / WSUS patching technology
Working within the Evergreen Support Team and assisting with the following:
- Configure PC hardware and software related options.
- Networking related issues
- PC maintenance and repair
- Installing and working with PC operating systems
- Latest knowledge of Audio Visual technologies
- Provide sales technical support to the customer
- Patch management, software distribution, and OS deployment using SCCM/AD
- Responsible for day to day administration of BAU technical infrastructure & services
Must be prepared to work on a nuclear licenced site with DV clearance.
This is an excellent opportunity to join us and as an employee you will gain access to a large library of training courses and accreditations to help further your skills and development.
Based on our client site in Aldermaston you can enjoy the amenities of an on-site restaurant and Costa Coffee as well as ample parking and good public transport links.
We also offer an excellent benefits package including a workplace pension scheme, and various other flexible benefits including private medical cover, life insurance, and flexible holiday to name a few.
Apply now for consideration!