Transaction Finance Manager
Transactional Finance Manager
Location -Shepton Mallet, Somerset
Contract - 6-9 Months
Rate - £25ph
About the role
Financial Services is a part of Capita Business Process Outsourcing, based at the Shepton Mallet Shared Services Centre in Somerset.
This post is within the Transactional Finance team and undertakes the lead role in the management of the accounts payable (AP) and accounts receivable (AR) teams.
The post is key in ensuring the contractual obligations required for the service are achieved and that the staff are managed appropriately.
Capita plc is the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with over 60,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
- Responsibility for the Accounts Payable and Receivable functions
- Management of the Accounts Payable and Receivable teams
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of the financial ledgers.
- Ensure efficient and effective processes are implemented across teams.
- Ensure all contractual obligations are achieved and reported to client as part of month end reporting.
- Ensure segregation of duties are in place
- Ensure all statutory & non statutory returns are completed in required timeline.
- Internal MI reports are produced in line with timeline, from the system, and reported to LGS management
- Be proactive in ensuring contractual SLA's are achieved, including raising issues to the Financial Operations Manager
- Identify development opportunities and feedback to the Financial Operations Manager
- Maintain relationship / point of contact with client teams and attendance at monthly client performance meetings and service improvement groups
- Any other reasonable requirements as requested by management
Skills and Experience
- At least 4 GCSE's A-C (or equivalent) including Maths and English
- Experienced in AP and AR processes
- Prior knowledge of client contractor relationship
- MS Office suite, including knowledge of Excel to at least 'intermediate' standard
- Staff Management
- Adaptable and pro-active, with positive outlook and adaptable to change
- Strong communication skills and cheerful disposition
- Commitment to deliver high quality service and continuous improvement
- Well organised with ability to effectively prioritise and manage workloads of self and team
- Customer focus
- Strong analytical skills with ability to prepare and improve upon systems and procedures
- Innovative and problem-solving
- Ability to lead and motivate staff; assertive and decisive
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.