Big Data Developer – Java
Job Role: Big Data Developer – Java
Duration: 6 Months
Salary/Rate: Excellent Rate!
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: Government Security Clearance
Big Data Developer – Java – Contract – Gloucestershire – Excellent Rate!
Our client's Cyber Solutions Division is seeking an experienced Big Data Software Developer to join their team in Gloucestershire, working within a rapidly growing environment.
- Outpacing the rapidly evolving cyber threat spectrum demands constant innovation. Our client has immediate opportunities for experienced software engineers to design, develop and maintain a suite of applications
- Successful candidates may be asked to support the team in Scrum/Agile development, software design, requirements analysis, conducting research & development on new software technologies and supporting the pursuit of new business
- Has experience of designing and developing innovative software solution
- Has experience in Java and the use of object oriented design
- Experience across a range of big data technologies
- Experience in software development using Java
- Experience in design, development, test and integration of quality software
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and associated tools such as Confluence, Jira and Wiki’s
- Experience with good DevOps approach and associated tools e.g. Bamboo, BitBucket, Stash & Jenkins
- Experience with object oriented design
- Experience with or interest in Model Driven Architecture
- Experience in NoSQL database technologies; such as OrientDB and MongoDB
- Experience in Distributed database technologies such as Apache Accumulo and Elastic Search
- Experience in some of the following frameworks and technologies: Apache Camel, Apache NiFi, Hadoop, Apache Spark, REST, Selenium, Kibana, jQuery and Bootstrap
- Experience of UK Government working practices
- Experience working within an ITIL based service delivery environment
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
Hit the ‘Apply now’ button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.