Job Role: Java Developer
Duration: 6 Months
Salary/Rate: Up to £550 per Day
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: DV Clearance
Java Developer – Contract – London – Up to £550 Per Day
- Software development on client projects either on an individual basis or within software development teams.
- Respond to client requests, anticipating and meeting client problems and needs using innovative approaches when applicable.
- Deliver high quality work to meet client expectations and project deadlines.
- Involvement in all aspects of the development life cycle.
- Share knowledge with colleagues and assist team members with their objectives.
- Respond to, and resolve, technical issues.
- Work alongside clients or directly for client personnel.
- Contribute to improve software development approaches and quality of deliverables.
- Report progress to manager, highlighting issues before they become a problem.
- Solid Java experience in either: Java J2EE development; experience of server-side Java is essential (Glassfish, WebSphere, WebLogic, Jboss). Commercial EJB experience, or Java Rich GUI development (SWING, SWT, Eclipse RCP)
- Experience of at least one relational database preferably Oracle, SQLServer or Sybase and operating system either UNIX or NT.
- Full development life cycle experience.
- Capable of working to strict deadlines.
- Demonstrable knowledge of a software development methodology and structured approaches to development.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and motivates others keeping morale and performance high.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work well under pressure to meet deadlines and manage business expectations.
- Excellent relationship building skills with stakeholders, vendors and suppliers.
- Excellent technical presentation skills.
- Strong progress and issue reporting skills.
- Understanding of existing and emerging technologies.
- Flexible approach to hours, dress (smart or casual to suit client environment) work location and tasks to meet client needs.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the ‘Apply now’ button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.