Programme Delivery Lead
Programme Delivery Lead- London
About the role
DCC is seeking an experienced Delivery Lead for a challenging services integration programme to launch the new DCC SMETS1 service. The role requires a blend of agile working, user collaboration and technical rigour to develop, test and launch the new service. Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead delivery across multiple supplier development and test teams - ensuring cross-team communication and productivity
- Work closely with the programme Design team to create and maintain a robust iterative design/development/test process
- Prioritise work and assign resources to meet the evolving business requirements
- Work with other DCC teams and potentially an external Service Integrator to plan and execute assurance and transition of the SMETS1 service into the existing DCC portfolio of services, including the processes of user testing which are pre-defined
- Work with DCC Operations and Service Mgt teams to prepare for and launch the SMETS1 service successfully and seamlessly to users
- Use agile methods and tools to develop ways of working for the programme, coaching other team members and suppliers to ensure success
- Contribute to the development of assurance and governance processes of an agile programme delivery within a regulated framework
About Capita | DCC Smart Metering
Capita Data and Communications Company (DCC) is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
Capita was awarded the DCC Licence in October 2013 as part of the UK government's smart metering programme. This was set up to enable the roll out of over 53m smart meters across the UK by 2020.
The programme aims to pass a number of benefits onto consumers, allowing them to;
- Manage and control their energy use to save money and reduce carbon emissions
- Provide accurate meter readings and real-time information
- Help them make informed purchasing decisions and reducing the barriers to switching
- Experience of large IT programmes with systems/service integration
- Previous role(s) as Delivery Lead
- Managing (process, tooling, people) iterative development and testing in an agile programme - working with evolving designs
- Management of multi-supplier delivery teams
- Managing latter-stage testing with users
- Transitioning a new service into operations
- Rigour in architectural approach - but doesn't need to have been an architect
- Experience and rigour in security - but does not need to be a security specialist
- Rigour in delivery through control of processes and acceptance criteria
- Deeper integration of hardware devices into coherent services e.g. smart meters, IOT
- Smart metering
- Led services through external security assurance
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you a discretionary annual bonus, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
More searches like this
- Consultancy None / Undisclosed Permanent £0 - £19,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Information Technology None / Undisclosed Permanent £0 - £19,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Oil & Gas None / Undisclosed Permanent £0 - £19,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Public Sector None / Undisclosed Permanent £0 - £19,999 jobs in London (Greater)