Graduate Building Surveyor
Graduate Building Surveyor
Capita - Property and Infrastructure is one of the UK's largest and most diverse multidisciplinary consultancies in the design, management and infrastructure sectors. We're also a market leader in strategic public/private partnerships with local authorities.
We have over 4,000 staff at 60 UK & Ireland offices offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The enormous breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of its size, complexity or sector.
Capita - Property and Infrastructure is a wholly owned subsidiary of Capita Group Plc. Capita is quoted on the London Stock Exchange (CPI.L), and is a member of the FTSE100.
Since 2001 Capita - Property and Infrastructure's strategic partnerships have been transforming and improving the delivery of Local Authority services across the UK.
We are currently involved in eight such partnerships, many of them offering a full range of multidisciplinary and technical professional services to the partnering councils as well as the broader private sector market and even other Local Authorities.
Capita- Property and Infrastructure North Tyneside was established in 2012, borne out of the Strategic 15 year Partnership Agreement between North Tyneside Council and Capita.
Capita also work with a full range of clients from both public & private sector won through either direct award, frameworks or competitive tender. The work can be a varied & a mix of professional surveying work (including condition surveys, party wall, dilapidations, DDA audit, Fire Risk Assessments, etc) & contract work (including repairs, refurbishments & new build schemes).
Capita - Property and Infrastructure North Tyneside is a multi-disciplinary practice which covers the design, construction, engineering and property markets providing a broad range of professional services, such as;
- Building Surveying & Architectural Services
- Project & Cost Management
- Highways & Transportation
- Civil & Structural Engineering
- Building M&E Services
- Property Management (inc. rent reviews & valuations)
- Regulatory Services (Planning & Building Control)
This role is for a Graduate Building Surveyor and they will be responsible for service delivery to a wide range of clients in designing solutions in the private, education, local authorities and other public sector clients.
You will be based at our North Tyneside office at Quadrant East, Cobalt Business Park, North Tyneside, NE27 0BY. You may be asked to work from our other regional offices as required from time to time.
The successful candidate will be expected to;
- Have responsibility for early stage design and feasibility work
- Assist with developing detailed briefs in conjunction with the client & senior colleagues
- Carry out site surveys (including measured surveys, condition surveys & defect analysis)
- Carry out detailed design work and assist with preparing tender information
- Assist with administering building contracts (JCT or NEC)
Undertake all aspects of professional surveying work (including Condition Surveys, Specific Defect Analysis, PW work, dilapidations, DDA & FRA's)
Liaise with Clients, Contractors & other consultants (internal and external)
- BSc in Building Surveying or equivalent
- Minimum 6 months qualification experience within a commercial Building Surveying environment
- Working towards their APC Final Assessment with RICS
- Ability to establish a good working relationship with Clients and colleagues
- Self motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Good AutoCAD &/or REVIT skills
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Full UK Driving Licence & use of own vehicle
- Ability to demonstrate flexible approach to work & willingness to travel as may be required.
- Team player
- Experience of working on a range of commercial buildings, including education, health or transportation projects
- Experience of working within the private and/or public sectors
- Good understanding of the Building Regulations and their implication for design and surveying of buildings
- Understanding of Education funding applications
- Use of NBS Specification Manager, NBS Contract Administrator, Excel, Word MS Project, AutoCAD, REVIT, Kycloud (or similar)
- Understanding/experience of BIM modelling
Salary - Competitive, commensurate with skills & experience
Hours - 37.5 Hours per week (Monday to Friday), with flexible working available
Money Purchase Scheme Pension
- Holidays - 23 days plus Bank Holidays
- Access to a range of Capita Group benefits
Reasons to Join Capita
Appropriate candidates should be attracted to the role at Capita for some or all of the following reasons: -
The business is a fast emerging major player in the property and infrastructure consultancy markets, capable of challenging the 'status quo' and delivering outstanding client facing results.
There are strong career opportunities in the Northern region and across the Capita group nationwide and overseas, with a strategy of secondment and resource sharing to enable maximum opportunity for individuals.
The culture is one of promotion according to talent and impact, not time served in the business. Ambition is expected and rewarded.
The company invests heavily in its people, recognising that its staff members are its most valuable asset. Individual training plans and accelerated schemes foster an environment of continual personal development.
You would be joining a well established and respected Building Surveying team with a strong client base across the Northern region
You will have the opportunity to work on a varied and exciting range of projects both locally and nationally.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.