Servoca Resourcing Solutions are currently looking for a number of Investigator on the Serious and Organised Crime Unit (SOCU) with Cumbria Constabulary
To assist in file preparation, and other administrative functions in organised crime investigations. To prepare prosecutions files, including preparing disclosure schedules, taking witness statements, liaison within Crown Prosecution Service, exhibit handling, and other Court preparation work. Also to assist in other administrative functions in support of serious and organised crime investigations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare prosecution files on behalf of the Serious and Organised Crime Unit (SOCU), with regard to Organised Crime investigations conducted by the department.
- Obtain, and seize where appropriate, CCTV, video, and photographic evidence from Police premises and commercial premises.
- Maintain where appropriate, disclosure schedules, exhibit lists, and perform the role of disclosure and or exhibits officer.
- Review files adjourned for committal and appeal, and agree upgrade actions with the nominated file manager.
- Prepare committal file and unused material schedules, and gather unused material, in liaison with operational officers.
- Attend pre-trail review meetings with barristers and present evidence and findings.
- Liaise with the Forensic service in relation to exhibits seized by the Unit.
- Consider Crown Court bail applications/bail variations from defence solicitors, and draft Police response for area, consulting with operational supervisors where necessary.
- Previous experience in dealing with complex criminal cases
- Familiarity with the Criminal Justice System
- Sound knowledge of criminal law.
- Experience in report writing and/or taking of statements desirable
- Previous interviewing experience would be an advantage.Contract Length: 3 Months Salary: £15.85 LTD
- Location: Cumbria