Procurement Manager (Engineering)
Procurement Manager (Engineering Category)
£55,000 - £60,000 + Bonus + Car Allowance
We are looking to recruit a Procurement Manager (Engineering Category) to work as part of a growing strategic procurement division of a FSTE100 engineering and support services division. The role is permanent and ideally to be based in Bristol, however the role can be worked remotely.
The organisation are the UKs leading provider of engineering support solutions to the MoD and Armed Forces as well as being market specialist's within other industries such as construction, energy, marine technology, emergency services, network engineering and training. The Procurement Manager (Engineering Category) is accountable for executing; implementing and managing performance of Group-wide contracts in support of the overall category strategy covering c£200m GBP of annual cross divisional spend in the Engineering Category. This includes MRO, raw materials, build to print assemblies, engineering and subcontract services.
Responsibilities and scope of the role will include
- Category Management and input into the overall category strategy, including market perspectives, contractor performance and industry cost structures
- Take ownership of the strategy for major sub-category spend, including delivery of associated cost optimisation targets
- Supplier Management input on individual contract performance in order to inform category and executive level supplier engagement
- Take ownership of strategic supplier relationships for major sub-category spend.
- Capture specific business sourcing requirements
- Execute group-wide sourcing activity using current sourcing methodologies in order to put fit-for-purpose supply contracts in place
- Support major bid activity where there is a significant category requirement
- Establish and monitor an appropriate supplier KPI regime, and actively manages contract performance through timely contract governance in order to achieve business plans and objectives
- Engineering, Science, Supply Chain Management or other relevant degree.
- MCIPS or equivalent professional qualifications preferred.
- Relevant experience in Sourcing & Procurement
- Will have led the end-to-end sourcing process for multi-million pound contracts within the engineering category (MRO, raw materials, build to print assemblies, technical services, plant hire)
- Previous experience of delivering successful sourcing projects in large and complex corporate environments.
- High quality communication ability, both written and orally
- High commercial and analytical skills, with a proven ability to use procurement to unlock value for the business
- Strategic thinker, with the ability to establish and communicate the vision and strategic direction for the category.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and influencing skills
- Delivery focused with a pragmatic, hands-on-approach that enables strategies to be fully executed.
- Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements
The organisation offers the supportive environment you would expect from a FTSE 100 employer including: enhanced employment terms and conditions, starting salary £55,000 - £60,000, performance bonus of up to 10%, car allowance, c£6000, money purchase pension scheme with life assurance, share ownership scheme, Occupational Health services, flexible working hours and ongoing career development opportunities.
The role is remote working due to the role having group wide responsibilities; although the business has main hubs in Bristol, Portsmouth, Plymouth, Leicester and London so reasonable access to any of these sites would be advantageous. Significant UK travel and infrequent international travel would be expected. Please apply online or call the recruitment team on 01179 309 734 for an informal conversation.