Business Service Manager - Telford
SERVICE MANAGER/ IT SERVICE MANAGER/ BUSINESS SERVICE MANAGER
Business Service Manager
From £35,409- £39,842 dependant on skills and experience
This is an exciting opportunity to join RCDTS, a private company which is wholly owned by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and is part of the Chief Digital Information Officer Group, providing digital technology services to HMRC. It is a company full of technology experts working on essential IT projects: tackling tax non-compliance through creating a single case management platform for HMRC, and developing
- To build relationships with our Business customers to understand and deliver to/above Client Expectations.
- To ensure the smooth transition of new live services and major change into the Portfolio and to mitigate risk.
- To demonstrate a proactive approach to management of end-to-end service issues.
- To build synergy through constructive relationships with Programmes, Delivery Groups and Suppliers
- To manage High Priority Incidents for certain Delivery Groups and provide a service escalation point for all incidents, problems and issues relating to service.
- Proactively identify, log and manage risks, issues and improvements.
- Ensure Key Business Events are being managed effectively.
- Ensure continuous service improvement via a formal innovation agenda.
- Ensure appropriate and effective communication to all levels of customer stakeholders.
You will need to demonstrate within your application the following essential experience
- Previous Service Management experience.
- Experience of managing IT service portfolios and a good understanding of IT service technologies.
- A demonstrable knowledge of ITIL.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Selection process details:
An initial sift of your CV will be conducted against the Essential Criteria. If your CV demonstrates experience of these essential criteria you will be contacted to arrange a telephone based screen. The telephone screen will further assess your experience against the Essential Criteria and will be carried out by Experis at a time to be agreed with you. If you successfully complete this stage of the process your application will be progressed to the next stage. The applicants with the best skills and experience will be invited to interview, where you will be required to provide evidence as to how you meet the above competencies and technical requirements. Interviews may include an additional assessment exercise or presentation exercise. Please note that your CV MUST demonstrate evidence of the Essential Criteria for you to be progressed to telephone screen and beyond.