Junior Application Support Engineer
What you will be doing
As an Application Support Engineer you will be responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the applications that underpin the service we provide. The role will require technical expertise and the ability to problem-solve incidents and problems that arise with the applications in the portfolio. You will be well organised, with strong attention to detail with a willingness to learn old and new systems and technologies alike. Strong communication skills are essential, ensuring that stakeholders are well-informed and understand the impact of issues.
The role will require a flexible approach which will include a need to undertake some overtime and there is also a requirement to cover out of hours support. The standard hours of working will be 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday).
What we are looking for
- Service, Customer and Client focused - excellent communication skills
- Familiar working within ITIL aligned-processes - Request, Incident, Problem and Change Management
- Experience of Supplier Management - communicating with hosting providers and software vendor support teams
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to work against tight deadlines/SLA's
- ITILv3 certification to at least foundation level an advantage
- Use of Service Management tools such as LanDesk Service Desk
- General skills with all types of MS Windows Operating systems
- Experience working with MS Office
- Knowledge of using Remote Desktop software
- Basic UNIX skills