Pre-Signature Commercial Lead
Our client, a renowned international defence technology business, currently have an opportunity for a Pre-Signature Commercial Director to join their growing business. A recognisable global brand with multi-billion pound revenues the business has a broad portfolio of evolving service offerings, a history of innovation and a growing commercial department. They offer unrivalled development and progression opportunities for commercial professionals. The company have a long and successful history of delivering large projects to Government and in recent year's their private sectors business has grown significantly.
This role focuses 100% on pre-signature negotiations. Our client has recently restructured their Commercial function and as part of that process they are building a Commercial and Contracts team focusing exclusively on new business opportunities. This role will be responsible for leading and fronting contract negotiations for large and complex deals across multiple market sectors within the company.
- Act as a trusted commercial advisor providing comprehensive commercial guidance to the deal leadership team.
- Identify the risks, liabilities and commitments of contractual agreements; ensure these are clearly understood and that the business fully appreciates any potential impact.
- Structure and negotiate new business deals to gain best commercial advantage.
- Define and develop the correlation between the contractual terms, the pricing structure and the solution.
- Supported by the legal function, draft terms and conditions where required.
- Foster an environment that supports open communication and team work.
- Work closely with the Sales lead to shape bid strategy.
- Successful track record of structuring and negotiating complex high value deals.
- Proven ability to work within a dynamic global context.
- Experience of operating right across a business, from senior management to more junior levels.
- Exposure to M&A desirable but not essential.
- Highly developed influencing skills.
- Sector experience is not essential.