Communication System - V&V Lead
Communication System - V&V Lead:
World class Defence Organisation based in Filton, Bristol is currently looking to recruit a Communication System - V&V Lead.
Please Note: you must be eligible for SC (Secret Level) Security Clearance if you’re not already cleared to that level.
The contract is initially for 6 months (ongoing after). The hourly rate is £47 per hour.
Communication System - V&V Lead Job Description:
The Communications System V&V Lead will be responsible for System Verification and Validation of the WS Communications System:
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Requirements specification and design analysis to inform V&V planning and execution (specification of test and simulation hardware and software);
• Design Assurance Planning for the Comms System
• Production and agreement of the Design Verification Plan
• Systems Validation – including certification and design verification;
• Planning and undertaking Comms system proving programme - to include definition of:
: Test Bed
: Test definitions
: Validation and Verification strategy and plans
: Trials equipment and support to Trials activities
: Test reports.
• Support customer working groups as required – namely Comms Sub-Working Group;
• Coordinate with MoD to prescribe and monitor delivery of appropriate GFX requirements;
• Coordinate with MoD to establish network design and test requirements
Skills and Experience:
• Sound understanding of Systems engineering process and use of systems methods and tools; including requirements management, system architecture and proving;
• Good understanding of Communication Systems and communications protocols.
• Communication system specification, development, verification and validation
• Development and implementation of System Assembly Integration and Test activities – prototype to production; Including functional, performance and integration testing to support V&V.
• Data Link Integration and Test for JTIDS / Link 16 solutions.
• Relevant Engineering or Science based Degree (or equivalent).
• Sound understanding of generic System Engineering processes (including System and Sub-System Design)
• Knowledge of tools for Requirements Management (preferably DOORS), and Configuration Management.
• Network design and working with Joint Data Link Management Organisation (JDLMO)
• Use of System Modelling using SysML (& UML) (preferably using Rhapsody);
• Basic RF experience
• Working with MoD Customer, with familiarity of MoD acquisition processes and procedures
• Working with US suppliers and TAA procedures
• TEMPEST design and test
• Over the Air test definition and trials implementation – including frequency clearance.
• Higher relevant Engineering or Science based Degree (or equivalent)
• CEng (or equivalent)
More jobs like this
- £80,000 - £89,999 Contract None / Undisclosed Aerospace jobs in City of Bristol
- £80,000 - £89,999 Contract None / Undisclosed Defence jobs in City of Bristol
- £80,000 - £89,999 Contract None / Undisclosed Engineering jobs in City of Bristol
- £80,000 - £89,999 Contract None / Undisclosed Information Technology jobs in City of Bristol