Senior Mechanical Engineer
2 days left
- Job Type
Mechanical Design Engineer - £38,000 - £45,000 + benefits and exceptional prospects for career progression
I am recruiting on behalf of a FTSE 100 Engineering Organization involved in a diverse range of challenging engineering projects across the UK and internationally. This particular role functions within their support services business, focusing on baggage handling equipment for the UK's major airports.
Mechanical Design Engineers generate functional solutions to clients baggage handling system requirements and prepare high quality accurate engineering documentation in support of verification, implementation and operational activities
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the generation of complex conveyor layouts (showing basic level of detail) at feasibility/concept design stage.
- Oversee the development of the selected concept layout with increased level of detail, taking into account building constraints, maintenance access, 3rd Party interfaces, etc.
- Oversee the generation of manufacturing and installation drawings as follows: conveyor line arrangement drawings and part lists Maintenance platforming, crossovers, lifting beams, etc "Machine" level details and sub-assemblies in support of our ongoing development of standard baggage system products
- Oversee the preparation of phasing drawings indicating the sequence of installation
- Carryout site surveys in support to the above activities
- Provide support during manufacturing, installation and commissioning phases
- Generation of technical specifications, reports and calculations
- Justification of key engineering decisions, e.g. Conveyor route option analysis, equipment selection analysis
- To identify and co-ordinate the resolution of issues. In particular those associated with layout constraints, such as the identification, development of a resolution strategy and implementation of enabling works
- Conduct Design H&S Risk Assessments in compliance with applicable regulatory and statutory safety requirements
- Liaison at all levels with customers and sub-contractors Monitor and report progress against the agreed programme
- Provide Estimates To Complete (ETCs) for all remaining allocated activities Identify to the Lead Engineer any variation to the agreed scope of work.
- Advise on cost and programme impact and gain approval before initiating the variation Ensure that all related processes and procedures particularly with regard to the review and issue of engineering output are followed
- Project close out, ensuring all "as built" drawings, test records etc are received from site Creation of O&M manuals, Health and safety files necessary for final handover
A successful candidate will be:
- To have served a recognized mechanical engineering apprenticeship, e.g. to NVQ Level 3 BTEC Higher National Cert or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a mechanical engineering design office
- Have the ability to produce high quality accurate engineering drawings in support of the activities outlined above, including: system layouts and design schemes
- Have a thorough working knowledge of AutoCad, 2D Use of the MS Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Have experience of conveyor systems in manufacturing, process or mechanical handling environments
- Have the ability to perform accurate site surveys
- Be capable of designing bespoke equipment to resolve specific handling requirements (Special Purpose Machine Design)
- Have the ability to perform basic stress and drive power calculations Be capable of working to challenging programme and budgetary constraints
- Excellent attention to detail
If you are an experienced mechanical engineer and would like the opportunity to progress your career with a market leading FTSE 100 organisation, -please contact me on 0117 9309 732 or send your CV
Apply for Senior Mechanical Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly