Senior Media Officer
Senior Media Officer - PR, public relations, media, public affairs, stakeholder engagement, media, communication officer, press office, press officer
Brighton - Circa £45,450
Our client, an organisation who is responsible for the management of work-based pensions, are looking to recruit a Senior Media Officer to secure high profile media coverage and enhance and defend the organisation's reputation; be the press office lead on automatic enrolment; support the Media Relations Manager in the day to day management of the TPR media office
The key job responsibilities will require the successful candidate to:
· They will al Play a proactive role in shaping the tone, message and substance of TPR's media communications across all directorates (AE, DB, DC), taking a bold approach where appropriate.
· Be creative in generating PR and media opportunities including the use of video and social media channels, in support of TPR's communications strategy.
· Produce accurate, concise and relevant press releases, articles, blogs and social media posts.
· Demonstrate a confident and authoritative approach to national and trade press media enquiries in order to defend TPR's reputation and rebut inaccuracies.
· Promote the regulator's key messages through the planning, writing/briefing and selling-in of articles to national and regional print and broadcast outlets and business sector publications.
· Advise TPR colleagues, including the Board, ExCo and Automatic Enrolment (AE) management team, on media-handling strategies.
· Deputise for the Media Relations Manager as required (including on the crisis communications team).
· Handle elements of the day-to-day management of the press office including the on-call rota (including out of hours) and media monitoring records.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
· Experience of working in media relations within a press office environment, often to tight deadlines
· Excellent communication skills - written and oral
· Ability to explain complex issues succinctly and with clarity, both in writing and orally to media stakeholders
· Knowledge of public relations approaches
If you feel you have the pre-requisite, knowledge and experience for this position please submit your CV in the first instance. Alternatively, if you require further information, please get in touch with James on 0161 924 3929 or james.spence-.