Operations Manager- £58,407 + benefits - FTSE 100 Organisation
I am recruiting on behalf of a FTSE 100 Engineering Organization and a true market leader within engineering support services. This particular role functions within their critical services division, supporting key engineering works in major airports
We are looking for an accomplished operations manager to provide strategic and tactical leadership to the baggage operations team.
You will oversee a large number of operators, engineers and support staff. Therefore, we are looking for an operations manager with exceptional people skills and the ability to lead, collaborate, motivate, drive and improve team members.
As the main point of contact you will ensure the service requirements of the customer are identified and satisfied and strong and effective relationships are developed and maintained.
The Successful operations manager must be process driven whilst having the ability to challenge the status quo and seek improvements across the operational business
Main Purpose of Role
- To ensure conformance with all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
- To provide strategic and tactical leadership for the Area Operations and Maintenance Teams.
- To manage the processes to ensure baggage system, reliability and availability.
- To manage the processes that ensure baggage system security (Maintenance, Projects and Drills)
- To jointly identify with the customer service related issues and resolve them.
- To manage communications with the customer to ensure information flows are accurate, appropriate and timely.
- To ensure the operations function meets budgetary requirements.
- To identify and implement cost savings and service improvements.
- To establish a positive relationship with HAL, the Airlines and other suppliers on the Airport.
- To ensure 100% compliance with statutory training requirements.
- To ensure all operations function meets all relevant KPI's.
- Thinks Strategically. Stands back from situations and thinks expansively when setting direction, developing solutions or solving problems
- Commercially Astute. Demonstrates a keen understanding of financial and other quantitative business data. Manipulates this data to get to the heart of business issues and opportunities. Shows depth of knowledge of the commercial and financial landscape when negotiating, making proposals and reaching sound business decisions.
- Builds Strategic Partnerships. Builds business partnerships with key customers and other external partners by understanding the business and political environment in which they operate and by adding personal value. Is easy to do business with.
- Leads Safety Excellence. Knows the importance of visible, felt leadership. Does the right things, driven by real belief in safety excellence, sees safety as a strategic and cultural essential rather than just a process. Knows good safety is good business and uses this in succession planning.
- Communicates with High Impact. Conveys information in a clear, succinct and compelling manner that captures and holds attention and enhances reputation and credibility.
- Influences Others. Understands how to influence others to develop ideas and plans to advance mutual interests and business goals. Can flex influencing approach as needed. Builds trust through the process.
- Drives Innovation & Change. Uses market knowledge, customer needs and business insight to drive creativity and to initiate change. Generates new approaches to deal with problems and opportunities and inspires others to do the same.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading organisation at a senior level and make a notable difference to the operational side of the business. If you are a high calibre, career focused operations manager and would like to know more, please get in touch for a confidential discussion. or 0117 9309 726