Lead Solution Architect (Cloud/Azure/SCOM/Windows/Vmware)
Lead Solution Architect/Solution Owner (Cloud/Azure/SCOM/Windows/Vmware) is urgently required by our Global IT Outsourcing client for an initial contract untill 29th July 2017 to be based in Edinburgh. The lead solution architect's main responsibility will be leading/owning a Cloud (Azure) design for an important customer.
To be successful you will have proven experience in design and implementation of Cloud / Hybrid IT based solutions (Azure) and virtualised environments.
The individual will manage a design team and will work at senior management level to define and deliver major technical projects/strategies/architectures, demonstrating an understanding of the customers' business and commercial issues and contribute key insights.
To be successful, you will have the following experience:
- Expert in use of Cloud technologies (Azure) and Disaster Recovery.
- Experienced in wide range of technology area (VMWare, Virtualisation, Storage/NetApps).
- Experienced in most areas of the solution lifecycle.
- Has effective working relationships with customer's IT management and project management staff.
- IT experience in a specialist role (e.g. Azure / Hybrid IT).
- Knowledge of utilities sector (desirable)
- Ability to leads projects above £10m
- Manages teams of up to 30 people
- Technically authorises bids above £5m
- Liaises with partners at IT Director / CIO level.
- Well-developed communication skills, well developed consulting skills.
- Customer and business orientation.
- Technical leadership.
- Extensive and in depth knowledge of IT.
This is an urgent role; please apply as soon as possible if you would like to be considered.
Project People Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.