Computer Operator - EO
£26,866 - £30,896 - Hendon
The salary offered will be dependent upon skills and experience.
About the Home Office
We are the lead government department for immigration and passports, drugs policy, crime, counter-terrorism and the police.
Our priorities are to:
- empower the public to hold the police to account for their role in cutting crime
- free up the police to fight crime more effectively and efficiently
- create a more integrated criminal justice system
- secure our borders and reduce immigration
- protect people's freedoms and civil liberties
- protect our citizens from terrorism
There is considerable scale and variety to what we do. Every year our systems process millions of visa applications, border crossings, and passport applications.
PNCO (Police National Computer Operations) is responsible for the delivery of a number of national ICT systems to all police forces and other criminal justice partners. These include PNC, SISII, ViSOR, NDNAD, NFLMS, NABIS and CRASH. These services are based at the main primary site (Hendon). The primary site also hosts services for Third Parties. There is also a secondary site that provides a 'hot standby' Disaster Recovery solution.
About the Role
This role is shift based (24 x 7 x 365 days of the year including weekends, Bank/Public Holidays) and is responsible for monitoring all live PNC Computer systems, associated links and third party systems including PNC, SISII, ViSOR, NDNAD, NFLMS, NABIS, CRASH, HOFT, NADC. It provides a Batch and Media service to all Customers, and out of hours Service Desk duties are provided on a 24 x 7 x 365 day pattern to meet with all Service Level Agreements. Provide 1st and 2nd level support and recovery tasks for systems and users.
- Responsible for monitoring of live PNC Services and Associated linked systems.
- Responsible for running Batch and Media services ensuring all scheduled and ad-hoc batch jobs are run within Service Level targets.
- To perform Service Desk duties outside normal office hours ensuring 90% calls are answered within 30 seconds.
- Responsible for raising/logging calls and incidents on the call handling system (REMEDY) maintaining accuracy and timeliness.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting on Third Party supplier systems (e.g. NADC, ANPR) ensuring all faults are reported to the relevant Service Desk within the Service Level Agreement targets.
- Responsible for providing a service for Microfiche process over Bank Holiday periods
- Working closely with the Service Desk/Incident Management team during core business hours.
- Experience monitoring systems
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with MS Office - Word/Excel
- Proactive individual
- Previous experience with batch jobs
- Service Management experience
- Knowledge of Remedy
- ITIL qualified
- Previous shift work
If this job sounds something you'd be keen to explore further, apply now with your latest CV or contact Emily Higgs-Bayliss at Experis.