Software Architect - Nottingham/Swansea/Bristol
Software Architect | Software Design | Architect | Architecture
Nottingham, Swansea or Bristol
Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity? I'm currently looking for an individual with excellent software design skills to become a Software Architect with our leading client who is based from locations across the country in Nottingham, Swansea and Bristol.
The team are currently undertaking a period of significant transformation, moving away from big legacy contracts to the in-sourcing of services and focussing on redeveloping key systems and moving closer to the Cloud.
As part of the Strategy and Architecture team you will be part of a small core team of specialists with a wealth of knowledge and expertise and culture of mutual respect. The team is responsible for driving the technology and digital strategy forward and works across the business providing trusted advice and support ranging from troubleshooting on a specific issue to setting, communicating, and ensuring the adoption of high level architectural principles and policies. The structure of the team means you will not only have the opportunity to work across a variety of key services - but you will also benefit from being able to work autonomously and self manage to a large degree.
This is an exceptional opportunity for somebody who wants to join an organisation which can offer training and clear career progression for employees with the right attitude.
- The candidate must have an understanding of software design at high, medium and low levels.
- The successful candidate will need to demonstrate strong experience with one or more of the following languages/technologies:
- Java , .net languages (C# preferred), PHP, iOS / Android / Windows
- Common IDEs e.g. (Visual Studio / Eclipse etc.)
- Window desktop & server
- *nix preferably RHEL
- Mac OX
- Automation technologies such as Ansible and Puppet
- Experience in mobile app development and mobile application architecture
- Working Knowledge of Dev Ops, Continuous Integration and Testing
- Agile methodologies
- Logical and Physical modelling including knowledge of at least one formal notation (e.g. UML)
- Experience of working with AWS implementations (Web, Application, Data and Network) and specifically in the production of infrastructure as code
- The ability to influence, build and maintain strong working relationships with vendors and stakeholders at a senior level in order to achieve successful outcomes for the business.
- Influence, present ideas, concepts and recommendations verbally and via documentation to the Senior Management Team, Senior Architects, Developers and Project and Programme Boards.
- Demonstrate leadership and authority in subject matter expertise of software solutions and cloud based environments.
- Experience of working in a medium / large organisation with highly distributed and mobile IT.
If you have a background as a Junior Architect, Senior Developer or Digital Lead and are looking to take the next step in your career then this could be a great move for you!
If you're interested please send over your CV for assessment.