Head of Solutions Design and Architecture
Head of Solutions Design and Architecture - Bristol / Nottingham / Swansea
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Solutions Design and Architecture to join one of our major clients based at one of their sites in either Bristol, Nottingham or Swansea.
The client boasts a multi-award winning team within the digital industry. The team are currently undertaking a period of significant transformation, moving away from big legacy contracts to the in-sourcing of services and focussing on redeveloping key systems and moving closer to the Cloud. They have future plans to carry out large scale, big budget digital transformation programmes whilst using leading edge technologies.
As a result of ongoing growth within the organisation they are seeking a Head of Solutions Design and Architecture to join the team. As part of the Strategy and Architecture team you will be part of a small core team of specialists with a wealth of knowledge and expertise and culture of mutual respect.
The team is responsible for driving the technology and digital strategy forward and works across the business providing trusted advice and support ranging from troubleshooting on a specific issue to setting, communicating, and ensuring the adoption of high level architectural principles and policies. The successful candidate will be responsible for directing the creation and maintenance of security, solutions and software architectures which meet the needs of the business whilst delivering value for money.
- Comprehensive experience of solution architecture and demonstrable success of aligning IT with business and managing the delivery of associated technical services, solutions and architectures and technologies within and architectural frameworks.
- Demonstrable understanding of the software development lifecycle, agile delivery techniques and working practices.
- Familiarity of modern open source development tools and languages (e.g: Java / .net) running on cloud platforms such as AWS.
- Recognized software engineering and Dev Ops / Platform Engineering / Cloud skills.
- Understanding of Architectural approaches such as Service Oriented Architecture and / or approaches espoused in the Government Digital Service Manual.
- Experience in the application of architecture best practice and governance in application rationalisation, application development and integration the selection and integration of solutions in the process of modernisation is considered essential for this role.
- While there is no expectation that the role holder will be a hands-on developer or Dev / Ops practitioner it is essential that they have a thorough understanding of the principles involved and must be able to demonstrate experience of their use in Cloud Deployment.
- The ability to communicate, influence, build and maintain strong working relationships with vendors and stakeholders at all levels in order to achieve successful outcomes for the business. This will include explaining technical concepts to non technical stakeholders if required
For the right skills and experience the client is offering a competitive benefits package including pension, flexible working, coaching and excellent career development opportunities.
If you're interested please apply with a copy of your CV.