Technical Workstream Lead
REA00005R - Technical Lead
Location – Reading (some travel required)
Salary – DOE + 15% Flexible Benefits
Sopra Steria is seeking to recruit an experienced Technical Lead to manage multiple worksteams & provide an overall service delivery of a fully integrated common services component within the solution. Working with the Development & Integration Manager, you will be responsible for coordination and estimation of multiple Workstreams to ensure project deliveries are met to the end client.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Successfully managed a software engineering team (Java)
- Project estimations, Assurance & Process Improvement
- Strong hands-on background with Java software development and associated tools such as Jaspersoft
- Previous experience of developing core services to provide a system integration framework
- Working experience within a Testing environment
- Lead full software lifecycle from requirements through design, development, deployment and possibly support
- Own workstream technical roadmap, liaising with project management, solution leads and other workstream leads
- Responsible for software code quality, owning the use of development lifecycle toolkits and for code quality reviews
- Create development plans and manage progress (creating, tracking, reporting and remediating) using JIRA
- Motivate people: coaching, mentoring staff within and beyond own team, ensuring all resources are working effectively (Team of over 15+)
- Take responsibility for escalation of integration/design issues to stakeholders
- Distributed, multi-threaded, SOA system architectures
- Multi-tiered, high-performance, highly-available, scalable systems
- System and data security and integrity
- Java (including Hibernate, )
- Big Data & Web Services
- Testing (Jira)
- Unit testing frameworks (junit),
This exciting role offers an excellent salary and flexible benefits. Applicants must be SC Cleared/Eligible.
EXCLUSIVE OPPORTUNITY: Sopra Steria, a European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end-to-end service offerings on the market: consulting, systems integration, software development, infrastructure management and business process services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public-sector organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges. Combining high quality and performance services, added value and innovation, Sopra Steria enables its clients to make the best use of digital technology.
With over 38,000 employees in more than 20 countries and revenue of €3.6 billion in 2015, this is a great time to join the organisation as you will be pivotal to our continued development and growth plans. We’re offering you the opportunity to do more too - using your business skills and knowledge, and your creativity, to add more value than clients would traditionally expect.
About this Company
On offer is the opportunity to work for a European leader in digital transformation. The roles come with competitive salaries, the opportunity for further development and the potential for a wide and diverse career within Sopra Steria.
Sopra Steria is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.
More searches like this
- Consultancy SC Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Reading
- Defence SC Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Reading
- Information Technology SC Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Reading
- Management / Executive SC Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Reading
- Security SC Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Reading