Weapons Engineering Course Manager - Portsmouth
A new opportunity has arisen for a WE Course Manager/Mentor to join a FTSE 100 Organisation based in Portsmouth, responsible for the mentoring and instruction of Saudi Technicians, Officer and Crew.
- Manage, mentor, support, and instruct RSNF Technicians, Officers and Crew students, as they undertake training, including Naval Specialist Training (NST) and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's),
- Manage all Quality Assurance (QA) documentation
- Prepare and conduct induction briefs as required.
- Manage the planning, design, implementation, mapping and co-ordination of a Level 2 Hunter Project Equipment Course
- Review the Design of lessons and supporting media produced by instructors
- Deputise for the Hunter Project Training Manager as directed
- Support new tasking as directed by the Project Manager
- Chair meetings with RN/OEM/BFL
- Work closely with the Saudi training co-ordinator to support the planning, mapping and co-ordination of RSNF WE Training Modules for Technician and Replacement Crew
- Accompany students on UK and foreign manufacturers'' courses in support of training as required.
- Co-ordinate and monitor all student documentation and personal files to assess progress providing mentoring as required to maximise successful completion of courses.
- Act as Saudi WE Departmental Health and Safety Supervisor for training within HMS Collingwood.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Weapons Electrical Engineering background - Essential
- Supervisory/Management Experience
- Detailed technical knowledge and experience of DSAT documentation and technologies associated with naval technician tuition
- Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (CTLLS) or equivalent
- Experience of Key Skills/Functional Skills theory for instruction in Maths/English/ICT
- ILM Level 3/5 Certificate or equivalent in Coaching and Mentoring and Management)
- ECDL or equivalent demonstrable proficiency in using IT (hardware/software) within the workplace
- Experience in Foreign Navies Training and Working Knowledge of Foreign customers/ cultures
What's on offer?
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent Training
- On-Site Parking
- World Class Facilities
- Established contract - still held for the next 5 years
Successful applicants will be required to obtain UK MOD security clearance prior to appointment
For further information or a confidential discussion please apply now or call Rebecca Smolinska on 0117 9309 727.