DMO NetBackup Engineer
Required an experienced NetBackup engineer who will be responsible for providing support, provisioning, maintenance and administration in a large and diverse engineering services programme. The successful candidate will be required to be security cleared to DV level.
- Maintaining a stable backup environment for the technical platform
- Providing capacity for the technical platforms supported
- Daily monitoring of the backup schedules and infrastructure
- Highlighting issues and escalations as needed
- Raising service requests, and dealing with vendor 4th line support
- Reporting on capacity and usage in an accurate and timely fashion
- Following local process of managing incidents and work requests via the appropriate systems and procedures.
- Implementing designs and configuration changes as requested by the programme work-streams.
- Performing routine restores, maintenance and housekeeping functions.
- Scheduling and performing upgrades and enhancements as needed.
- Update and maintain any topology and/or configuration documentation as appropriate
- Comply with Asset Management and Procurement procedures as appropriate
- Experience supporting backup and recovery service operations
- NetBackup 6.5 and 7.x
- Experience working with Tape Library solutions
- Understanding of Cisco MDS Fabric Enterprise Directors and Switches
- Knowledge of working with Fibre and iSCSI technologies
- Experienced in supporting EMC storage devices
- Previous experience of NAS/networking
- Production of technical documentation
- Good Troubleshooting Skills
- Defence Knowledge
- Server Recovery Solutions
- Technical and working knowledge of MS products
- Knowledge of Unisphere/Navisphere SAN Management software
- Working in an Enterprise scale systems environment
- Working in a high-demand mutli-programme environment
- Attention to detail
- Focus on customer and service excellence