Vulnerability Scanner/Testing Consultant
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic security solutions team in which you will be responsible for the management and delivery of client security programmes. As part of an ever-growing delivery team, you must have a passion for IT security as well as a desire to deliver a high quality service to our client base.
This is an opportunity to work in a fun and challenging environment, using market leading security testing tools and platforms to provide security testing services to our large client base. You will play a key role in delivering and managing client security programmes all year round, as well as building relationships with clients and ensuring that our services are meeting their needs. You will also be given every opportunity to help shape the direction of the department as well as assist with the development of new service lines offered by the company.
- Setting up security programmes with clients based on their requirements
- Running network and application vulnerability scans
- Manually verifying all vulnerabilities identified in scans
- Writing and delivering client reports
- Work directly with customers on troublesome vulnerability issues
- Providing support and answering queries from clients
Experience / Skills:
- Good understanding and experience of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Good understanding and exposure to network and web application security
- Experience of using network and application scanning tools and utilities, such as Nexpose Rapid 7, HP WebInspect, IBM AppScan , Tenable Nessus, Burp, NMAP etc
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of handling high work loads
- Ability to work, and manage time and tasks independently
- Ability to communicate with customers in a clear and concise manner
- Degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience in Information Security
- understanding of web services architecture and commonly employed technologies
- Exposure to software development and understanding of secure code development
- Knowledge and understanding of PCI DSS requirements, in particular PCI ASV testing
- Understanding of SIEM products and services within a SOC environment
- UK Security Check (SC) clearance is desirable but not essential
About NCC Group
NCC Group is a global expert in cyber security and risk mitigation, working with businesses to protect their brand, value and reputation against the ever-evolving threat landscape.
As the cyber arms race continues to outpace the ability of organisations to cope with security, performance and availability issues, we are best placed to help organisations identify, assess, mitigate & respond to the risks they face.
NCC Group is passionate about making the Internet safer and revolutionising the way in which organisations think about cyber security.
*** Please note that this role has background clearance as mandatory due to the nature of the work NCC Group does. To apply, you must be willing and able to undergo the vetting process***