We have an urgent requirement for a Senior Splunk Consultant to join our teams nationwide.
We require a presentable customer-facing candidate, who will be responsible for designing, installing and customising Splunk software and associated applications for our customers.
The person will also be involved in helping to develop their own Splunk applications to enhance functionality for our customers.
Activities and responsibilities (include):
The candidate will be expected to configure and customise Splunk software.
- The installation of Splunk on a variety of operating systems like Windows (all recent versions), Linux (various distributions), Solaris, HPUX, AIX.*
- Creation and Customisation of dashboards within Splunk’s user interface using their Simple and advanced XML format.
- Advising customers as to best practices for configuring Splunk.
- Helping in the development of new NCC applications for Splunk.
- Providing support for NCC customers.
- Travelling to and from a wide variety of customers within the UK and Ireland and occasionally other places outside of the UK and Ireland.
* Note: Most customers (~50%) use a Windows OS, followed by around 40% using Linux and the remainder Unix.
Skills and experience:
- Enterprise scale experience working with the administration of Splunk
- Experience working with Splunk clustering
- A Splunk Architect Certification
- Understanding of Splunk Common Information Model (CIM)
- Ingest data into Splunk Enterprise
Ingest Data from Operating Systems, Applications, Network Devices, Active Directory,
- Unix or Linux
- Willing to travel Internationally occasionally
- Willing to travel within the UK frequently
- Hold a valid driving license and own a car
- Enthusiastic to learn new products
- Self-motivated and self-learning
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers
- Working knowledge with Databases
- Cyber Security Experience
- Experience working with Regular Expressions
- Red Hat or derivative
- Windows Server 2008/12
About NCC Group
NCC Group is a global expert in cyber security and risk mitigation, working with businesses to protect their brand, value and reputation against the ever-evolving threat landscape.
As the cyber arms race continues to outpace the ability of organisations to cope with security, performance and availability issues, we are best placed to help organisations identify, assess, mitigate & respond to the risks they face.
NCC Group is passionate about making the Internet safer and revolutionising the way in which organisations think about cyber security.
***** Please note that this role has background clearance as mandatory due to the nature of the work NCC Group does. To apply, you must be willing and able to undergo the vetting process *****