Head of Incident Response
Head of Incident Response - UK
Cyber security and incident response services are increasingly vital to all organisations. The specialist advice, insight and technical capability provided by NCC Group ensures that a wide variety of targeted and non-targeted threats are mitigated effectively in order to reduce the risk faced by our clients.
NCC Group consultants are experts in the provision of cyber security advice and response services and as part of our on-going expansion, we are seeking an experienced incident manager to lead our UK incident response team.
The role of Head of Incident Response involves working on-site and remotely to provide support during incident response and forensic engagements. Within NCC Group’s Cyber Defence Operations team you will be required to work closely with clients to investigate, manage and resolve cyber security incidents. Although this is primarily a customer facing role, some level of technical triage is expected of all consultants.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing incident response & forensics opportunities day-to-day for our UK clients. This role involves working with clients to scope engagements and developing our incident response offerings (in conjunction with Fox-IT, an NCC Group company).
NCC will support you in your training and development goals on an individual basis.
Key competencies required
- Proven track record conducting incident response or investigative activity, including the ability to manage large, complex IR engagements.
- Proven ability to explain technical output to a non-technical audience, including at a senior level.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
- Report-writing and presentation skills.
- Must be prepared to travel both nationally and internationally if required.
- Experience of current, sophisticated targeted attack techniques or methodologies.
- A relevant professional certification (e.g. CREST CRIA, Certified Incident Manager or equivalent).
- Deep technical knowledge and ability to conduct analysis autonomously in support of cyber incident response activities.
About NCC Group
NCC Group is a leading global information assurance firm, providing freedom from doubt that all critical material is available, protected, and operating as it should be at all times. Information assurance is delivered through escrow and verification, security testing, audit and compliance, software testing and web performance services.
If you are looking to join a successful team within a very exciting market and reap the rewards, please apply now by sending your CV to email@example.com
***** Please note that this role has background clearance as mandatory due to the nature of the work NCC Group does. To apply, you must be willing and able to undergo the vetting process *****