Project Manager - Defence - Bristol - Competitive Salary
Project Manager - Bristol - competitive salary + benefits
A leading Engineering FTSE100 organisation is looking to bring in an experienced Project Manager to manage a portfolio of high profile and complex projects. They are highly regarded in the market place working on some of the most prestigious engineering projects and programmes in the UK and overseas.
Role overview and Background
- The Project Manager will Will have been solely responsible for the delivery of multiple (2 or more) phases or, the full project lifecycle, of medium to heavy engineering projects)
- Will have had budget/P&L responsibility
- 3 years as a minimum operating in what can be deemed a 'Project Management' role
- Will have had line management responsibility of Assistant PMs/Project team
- Must have production experience i.e. size, scale and complexity of equipment/projects
The projects are currently exclusively engineering / defence related providing high integrity products and/or services and are at varying levels of complexity.
- Must have a good approach to problem solving, should be able to look 2 steps ahead
- Good aptitude/mind set/behavioural skills are critical - must have gravitas
- In depth knowledge of scheduling, Gantt charts, milestones, financials/budgets
- Customer facingrole and will be dealing with senior internal stakeholders
- HNC as a minimum but ideally degree qualified
- Will ideally have APMP or equivalent PM qualification - if not will train
- Knowledge and understanding of MS Project or Primavera and ability to read a schedule/project plan
- Industries - Defence, Oil & Gas, construction, Aerospace etc. If not then large scale, low volume production or manufacturing environment Not IT Project Management
- Mechanical engineering background and qualification
In return they will offer you fantastic career progression and development opportunities working on some of the UK's most prestigious programmes.
If you believe you have the skills required please do not hesitate to contact Tara Bidar on 01179 309 719 or alternatively email your CV
Please note candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and undergo Security Clearance.