Bid Manager - Salary Competitive - FTSE100 Global Organisation
Bid Manager - Leicester - My client a FTSE 100 Engineering company are currently recruiting for a highly experienced Bid Manager to lead cross functional teams in the delivery of high profile and complex programmes.
The Bid Manager will provide a focus for the day-to-day management of projects, mobilising the team between project team meetings, building a collaborative and supportive group who makes continual progress.
The project manager/bid manager is responsible for:
- Generation of bid documentation including cost models, risk registers, project plans, project schedules, commercial conditions and cost/price sign-off sheets.
- Generation of quality bid documentation and tenders and have the ability to manage external relations.
- The delivery of the sub-project, project or set of projects to budget, schedule and quality requirements.
- The development and maintenance of sound customer and stakeholder relationships.
- The development of staff to enable them to reach their potential.
The project manager/bid manager is expected to:
- Take overall, complete responsibility for the successful delivery of the sub-project, project or set of projects within an agreed budget and schedule.
- Meet customer requirements and stakeholder expectations.
- Lead an established team and keep it focussed and motivated on meeting the project objectives.
- Work within a defined project life-cycle and comply with company policies and procedures.
Education and Experience:
- Experience of line management and leadership of a team in a matrix organisation.
- Technical engineering background with experience of design, manufacture and testing of hydraulic and pneumatic mechanical control products would be beneficial, however this is not essential
- MS Project 2010 I Primavera P6.2 1 or higher user Strong skills with standard MS Office software, particularly Excel.
- An effective leader, strong team player and excellent communicator, keen to drive achievement of milestones and encourage and challenge engineering, supply chain and production teams towards success.
- Driven to win opportunities by producing compelling bids and being able to balance cost effective delivery with winning price.
- Experience in managing the bid approval process through to divisional approval level.