IT Technical Support Helpdesk
IT Technical Support Helpdesk:
World class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire is currently looking to recruit an IT Technical Support Helpdesk.
Please Note: you must be eligible for SC (Secret Level) Security Clearance.
The contract is initially for 6 months (ongoing after). The hourly rate is £25 per hour
IT Technical Support Helpdesk Job Description:
To provide IT Helpdesk support for a large user base working in an engaging, diverse engineering environment undergoing the adoption of a new PLM/PDM toolset across a multi-national context.
• Provide support and guidance for the use of PTC’s Windchill PLM Software during the implementation and follow-on phases of the project.
• Following the roll-out, act as a focal point to resolve day-to-day user technical tool issues and manage their resolution in a timely & effective manner.
• Deliver formal classroom training & one-to-one coaching within different Engineering communities across the company’s site locations.
• Support the creation & update of processes affected by the implementation and guidance to Users on the new ways of working for Document, Part and Change Management topics.
• Assist in the development and generation of training and support material ensuring a multi-national approach is achieved to deliver common training modules to the different user populations.
• Offer guidance and best practice to ensure users are able to work optimally.
• Assess implications & support the strategy of Migration Plans to move from legacy IT Tools to the new PLM Tool by working with multi-national project personnel.
• Carry-out various business software administration tasks.
• Provide technical support input for future tool developments in line with evolving business requirements & practices and carry out user acceptance testing.
• Experience of working in a user support environment for an IT Project.
• Advantageous, but not essential, to have appreciation of Engineering related PDM/PLM functions (CAD, Configuration Management, Product Data Management, Change Management).
• Strong end-user interaction and communication.
• Use of Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Previous experience of delivering training would be an advantage.
Roll-out of the new IT Tool is expected September 2017. Any applicant will be given full training so not necessary to have full experience of PTC's Windchill Tool