IMO Compliance Engineer - Maritime, Naval
The International Maritime Organisation (IMO) Compliance Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of IMO compliance for Maritime Systems through system analysis, design, integration and test of system solutions for maritime opportunities and programmes.
IMO Compliance Engineer - Contract - Hampshire - DOE
- Requirements assessment and management, support to design of system and support systems infrastructure, technical impact assessment, design baseline synthesis and control
- Support to System Architects in development of system solutions that meet IMO regulations
- Planning and control of own work and of any assigned engineering team
- Conduct of operational analysis and performance of Concept and Assessment Phase design studies on behalf of internal/external customers
- Support to the conduct of internal and customer-funded research and development studies
- Interaction with potential and actual customers, suppliers and team-mates
- IMO input to subsystem specifications and interface requirement specifications
- Development of IMO related test plans to meet Maritime Standards (EN-60945)
- Overseeing Environmental Testing, reviewing reports and reporting to Chief Engineer
- Presentation at internal and independent design/study reviews
- Preparation and delivery of proposal material
- Technical input to programme management and cost estimation teams
- Technical risk assessment and reduction, including assessment of TPMs and TRLs
Additional/Occasional Duties and Tasks:
- General engineering support to System Architects and Chief Engineers as deemed necessary
- The candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and work well in a team environment
- The candidate will be capable of developing and communicating a vision for maritime programmes
- Proven experience with IMO Compliance and Testing to Maritime Standards (EN-60945)
- Previous Maritime Engineering experience
- Current knowledge of Defence and IMO Standards
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
Job Role: IMO Compliance Engineer
Type: 3 Months Contract
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Clearance