Project Planner, Ministry of Defence, up to £350/day
Project Planner, Ministry of Defence, up to £350/day - LOT1JP00018927
Our client, the Ministry of Defence, are seeking a Project Planner to join them at Ministry of Defence Corsham, Westwells Rd, Box, Corsham SN13 9RA
Initial contracts will run ASAP to 01/04/2017 and offer a rate up to £350/day.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 15/01/2017, 10:45
The role requires Active SC clearance. Please do not apply if you do not hold SC clearance or be willing to undergo clearance.
Key Tasks and Deliverables
- Main Duties & Responsibilities Developing, maintaining and documenting appropriate plans and controls for the project/programme in line with the departments change Lifecycle/Agile delivery methodology ensuring the appropriate governance disciplines are observed
- Reviewing project and supplier documentation and plans to highlight any issues that may compromise delivery
- Facilitating resolution of project issues and mitigation of project risks
- Maintaining project documentation
- Making a constructive contribution to project management processes
- Making effective use of the departments Change Lifecycle; MSP Agile standard processes and other required standards
- Produce project documentation e.g. plans
- Manage dependencies, assumptions and other controls
- Arrange, prepare materials to facilitate, chair and document meetings
- Monitor and report on progress
- Define project resources including staff and contractors
- Assure plans, project controls and progress reports
- Manage QA processes Demonstrate learning’s achieved on the project
- Alpha 1 test workstream detailed planning & implementation. – Ongoing to March 17
- Governance support - workstream information collation and recording, including Highlight and Risk Reports. – Ongoing to March 17
- Approvals documentation generation - management plan, evaluation reports, blueprint material collation. – Ongoing to March 17
- Stakeholder engagement - meeting arrangement and secretariat. – Ongoing to March 17
- Initial Service model blueprint creation. – Ongoing to March 17
- Track record of successful delivery in an equivalent role with equivalent level of responsibility in complex Projects
- Knowledge of industry standard methods and tools e.g. MSP
- Experience of working successfully with staff and representatives from business teams to deliver business change initiatives
- Experience of working successfully in large; complex organisations.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, this role will not offer Visa sponsorship. Tier 2 – General visas are cannot be accepted.