SOC Analyst - Worcester
Security Support Analyst
Cybersecurity is one of the biggest challenges in IT, regardless of the size or type of organisation. As such there is ever increasing range of security problems to address, and a growing threat from them.
This is a fantastic opportunity for network security professionals to take the next step into the world of cyber security. I am looking for a number of Security Support Analysts to help in the defence against cyber-attacks. Through the monitoring, analysis and management of security events/incidents emanating from client networks and systems.
You will have;
• Good understanding of TCP/IP
• Exposure of security technologies such as SIEM, NIDS/NIPS, HIDS/HIPS, Endpoint protection suites.
• Ability to interpret system data such as security event logs, system logs, and application logs.
• Ability to identify developing patterns and trends from knowledge and data.
• Recognise and interpret anomalies in network traffic and/or host log files, relating them to known classes/types of attack (such as DDoS, Insider Threat and Phishing).
• Exposure of Linux and Windows (e.g. security fundamentals, patch management, file sharing).
• Cisco Certified network Professional Security (CCNP Security)
• CREST Practitioner Security Analyst;
• ITIL Foundation;
• SANS GIAC or similar
Due to the nature of the client base you will need be cleared to SC / DV level or be able to obtain these clearances.
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org