Project & Construction Manager
Job Title Project & Construction Manager
Location Boston, Lincolnshire
Day rate £300 - £320 per day
Contract 12 months
Project & Construction Manager - Capita
About the role
We are looking for an individual to provide overall leadership and management of project activities on our behalf on the client's site including the management of the Principal Contractor undertaking the construction activities. You will be responsible for the successful execution of our client's improvement and compliance programme which includes, a biomass energy centre, process plant upgrade (chemicals), timber drying kiln build/installation and control system upgrade. Other activities include demolition works, drainage system upgrades and building upgrades.
About Capita | Local Government (Industrial)
Capita's roots are in local government and, over the last three decades, we've evolved and changed alongside the changing needs of the sector.
We have many close, long-standing relationships and clients, supporting them in the challenges they face by delivering a variety of services - ranging from specific software tools to significant joint working on achieving tangible external outcomes
We are one of the largest UK providers of professional services to property and infrastructure, a capability that is becoming very relevant given renewed focus on economic growth and regeneration.
What you will do:
- Programme development and delivery
- Ensuring all key milestones and programmed dates are met
- Delivery of project to agreed specification and quality
- Keeping the client informed at all times of both present and forth coming construction activities
- Keeping the client informed regarding project risks and opportunities
- Ensuring the engineering interfaces between the different packages are defined and properly considered through the management of design reviews
- Control and coordination of all construction activities and ensuring the Principal Contractor operates safely and effectively within the clients operating site and ensuring that all interfacing activities with the client facility is as seamless as possible
- Ensure training and familiarisation of new plant and equipment takes place as required
- Have a understanding that the client may at any time request a change to targeted interface dates with the facility (Listen and discuss).
- Ensuring that anyone associated with any project activities within client areas adheres to all protocols at all times
Experience we are looking for:
- In-depth knowledge of project management processes and project execution best practices
- Experience in managing multi-discipline engineering projects including design and construction aspects
- Proven successful track record of executing capital projects
- Experience of NEC 3 contract
- Excellent understanding of UK Health and Safety and Construction Design and Management regulations
- Self-sufficient with MS Office Suite including Microsoft Project
- An engineering degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Civil Engineering (preferably Chartered)
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we understand what it is like to work as a Contractor and do everything we can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated On-Boarding and Extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal allowing you to submit your timesheets wherever you are. And of course there are plenty of opportunities available throughout Capita.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.