£45000 - £60000 + Car Allowance + Bonus
Wembley, London (NW10)
We are looking to recruit a Procurement Manager to work on a new and exciting position for a FTSE100 Engineering and support services business based in Wembley, London.
The support services division of this business spends in excess of £450m per annum on goods and services and the role of the Procurement Manager will be to execute the divisional procurement and supply chain strategy specifically within the organisation's contract within the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS). The organisation manage all ongoing engineering and maintenance work for the entire fleet of vehicles used by the Metropolitan Police, this includes servicing, repair, maintenance and ongoing upgrades as the fleet requires.
- Lead on the design, implementation and ongoing procurement strategy and obligations within the MPS contract for procurement spend
- Identify and develop strong relationships with critical supply partners
- Develop a procurement strategy that maximises value for the business based on the business needs and supply chain potential
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers and evaluate ongoing contract supplier performance
- Conduct strategic sourcing activities that meets the requirements of the contract
- Work closely with suppliers to reduce low-value transactional activity and focus on the management of fewer, strategically important suppliers
- Monitor and report against plans to senior management and key stakeholders
- Excellent knowledge of fleet management categories such as vehicle acquisition, maintenance and short term hire
- Experience of Crown Commercial procurement arrangements would be desirable
- Automotive procurement knowledge
- Track record of delivering procurement savings against targets
- Experience of managing strategic sourcing projects from conception to completion
- Strong stakeholder management skills both internally and externally with key suppliers to the business
- Degree educated in business, finance, supply chain or engineering related discipline
- MCIPS or equivalent
What's on Offer?
- Starting Salary £45,000 - £60,000
- Car Allowance
- Performance related bonus up to 10%
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Staff Discounts on Shopping (incl Car Hire, Holidays etc)
- Flexible benefits such as Childcare Voucher & Cycle to Work Schemes
- The opportunity to develop a career at a FTSE100 organisation with extensive training and development opportunities
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for your next career move please apply online with a CV or call the recruitment team on 01179 309734 for more information.