We are looking for a software engineer to work for our client in Leicester for an initial one month contract. The Ideal candidate will be required to work on a materials handling system onboard a naval vessel in a lab based simulation environment, based in Leicester. Much of the code is already written so the successful candidate will be testing existing code and rewriting as required.
Coding of PLC ladder logic and functional block programs under guidance of the lead software engineer.
Required Experience / Qualifications / Attributes:
* Excellent knowledge and experience of the GE-Fanuc RX3i PLC system is preferred.
* Excellent knowledge and experience of GE-Fanuc Proficy machine edition software for ladder logic and functional block programming is preferred.
* Experience of commissioning, maintaining and fault finding of PLC based industrial control systems (e.g. materials handling).
* Experience of electrical design of control systems for marine and industrial environments.
* Experience of full system design life-cycle
* Understanding of networking and communications principles.
* Ability to work on own initiative as part of a small team.
* Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented;
* Excellent verbal and written skills;
* Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines.
Apply for Software engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- £80,000 - £89,999 Contract None / Undisclosed Administration / Secretarial jobs in Leicestershire
- £80,000 - £89,999 Contract None / Undisclosed Aerospace jobs in Leicestershire
- £80,000 - £89,999 Contract None / Undisclosed Banking jobs in Leicestershire
- £80,000 - £89,999 Contract None / Undisclosed Biotechnology jobs in Leicestershire
- £80,000 - £89,999 Contract None / Undisclosed Central Government jobs in Leicestershire