Windows Desktop Support Engineer
POSITION: Windows Desktop Support Engineer
DURATION: 6 - 12 Months Contract with the option for further contract renewals
DAILY RATE: Highly Competitive (dependent on candidate's level of experience)
** Please note: DV Clearance is required to fulfil this position prior to project commencement **
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Windows Desktop Support Engineer to maintain and support a variety of Windows Desktop platforms whilst ensuring the adherence to technical standards and best practices within application packaging, image configuration, deployment and desktop security.
The Windows Desktop Support Engineer will act as a focal point for all support queries for Desktops that they are responsible for and will also be required to liaise with the Solution Delivery team in the Desktop Service to troubleshoot advanced problems if required.
- Maintain Windows client and application to the latest patch/release version.
- Perform firmware and driver updates.
- Deploy remote clients using MDT and PXE.
- Support both virtual and physical clients remotely.
- Maintain MDT to a supported version.
- Maintain MDT SQL Database to ensure is accurate and up to date.
- Perform post deployment checks to ensure successful deployments of clients.
- Ensure security and integratory of the systems.
- Investigate issues with client builds and know when to escalate for assistance.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Windows Desktop Support Engineer who has a passion for IT, who enjoys working with cutting edge technologies and wants to work for a client organisation that will allow them to build and expand on their existing desktop support skills.
This is a varied and demanding role and therefore we are seeking a resilient Windows Desktop Support Engineer with excellent investigative and troubleshooting skills.
- Windows 10 experience.
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT)
- Windows Security.
- Knowledge of Group Policy.
- Knowledge of Security Compliance Manager (SCM) or SSLF.
- AppLocker Knowledge.
- Windows Firewalls.
- Windows Auditing/Monitoring.
- Excellent ability to provide clear and concise instructions to other support teams where required.
- Capable of understanding technical issues and the wider implication of decisions made.
- A proactive approach to support to try and prevent incidents occurring in the first place.
Duration: 6 - 12 Months Contract with the option for further contract renewals
Daily Rate: Highly Competitive (dependent on level of experience)
Are you interested???
Do you have the skills and experience we require???
If the answer is yes to both questions, then please apply with your most recent copy of your CV (MS Word version), ensuring that dates of past work history is correct and up-to-date.
Capita Resourcing welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Services offered by Capita Resourcing are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Apply for Windows Desktop Support Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly