Agile Application Support Engineer - DV Cleared
Agile Application Support Engineer
As an Agile Application Support Engineer you will be part of central Application Support Team providing resource to new innovative development teams and have a direct and rewarding impact on the success of the business whilst playing a crucial role in contributing to the strategic vision. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build influence DevOps tools, technologies and capabilities.
This is a hands-on multi-disciplines role working with technical support and development teams where you will provide support of the developer tool suite, promote automation and continuous deployment, integrating the latest big data technologies on open source products and learn about modern technologies as part of a wider DevOps community.
- Provide IT Ops best practices for highly available, scalable and secure environments.
- Provide Application Support for DevOps Tools.
- Provide infrastructure and application support to delivery and development teams, liaising with technical teams in incident and problem resolution.
- Provide subject matter expertise in end to end monitoring for systems and applications.
- Design and develop automation templates/tools for infrastructure provisioning, configuration and change management.
- Continuously improve and automate infrastructure and environment provisioning including automated testing and validation.
- Support the DevOps community in implementing Continuous Integration/Delivery and Test Automation.
- Build and maintain a knowledgebase via documentation and wiki's.
- Work collaboratively as part of the wider DevOps community, sharing ideas, best practices and experience wherever possible.
- Contribute to the agile sprint planning sessions to rapidly delivery capability.
- Work collaboratively as part of the broader support/development team, sharing ideas experience wherever possible.
- Design and develop scripts/tools for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployments.
- Build and deploy wed applications to dev/test/prod environments/
- Identify and implement process improvements to enhance quality and timeliness of deliverables.
Skills and Experience
- Strong IT Ops background in Application Support and 5+ years Linux System Administration (ideally Red Hat/Centos)