Continuous Integration Engineer
POSITION: Continuous Integration Engineer
DURATION: 6 - 12 Months Contract with the option for further contract renewals
DAILY RATE: Highly Competitive (dependent on candidate's level of experience)
** Please note: DV Clearance is required to fulfil this position prior to project commencement **
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Continuous Integration Engineer to join a vibrant and highly skilled software engineering team and work in the most advanced and exciting area of the client organisation.
The software engineering team is focused on the continuous development of systems, applying patches of the latest versions and being a centre of excellence for getting the most out of tools.
The Continuous Integration Engineer will play a key role in the support of engineering development tools, helping the department to define and enforce the future of agile software delivery and DevOps.
- Provide day to day support to the Software Engineering community on developer tools;
- As an SME, perform upgrades and enhancements to the developer tools, aligning with both the requirements of the user community and the vendor's roadmaps;
- Engage with the user community to ensure their support needs are responded to effectively;
- Communicate with the other agile development teams to advance technology sustainability.
This is a varied and demanding role and is a fantastic opportunity for a Continuous Integration Engineer who enjoys working on challenging projects as part of a team within a high pressurised environment.
The successful Continuous Integration Engineer will have the opportunity to work on next generation digital intelligence processing platforms, integrate the latest big data technologies and open source products when appropriate and have an opportunity to learn about big data and modern technologies as part of a wide development community.
The successful Continuous Integration Engineer will need to possess the following essential skills and experience:
- Proven track record of developing scalable, high volume, high availability, enterprise-wide business systems;
- Good experience of using the Atlassian tool suite (Crucible, JIRA and Confluence);
- Proven experience of common development tools (Ant, Gradle, Eclipse);
- Strong understanding of the Enterprise Java Stack with a proven expertise in using JEE technologies (EJB, JMS, Web Services);
- Good experience with the J-UNIT framework;
- Familiarity with common development best practices (TDD, Agile, Scrum);
- Good experience with various operating systems (Windows, Linux - Red Hat)
- Good knowledge of Scripting Languages (Shell, Perl, Python etc.)
Duration: 6 - 12 Months Contract with the option for further contract renewals
Daily Rate: Highly Competitive (dependent on level of experience)
Are you interested???
Do you have the skills and experience we require???
If the answer is yes to both questions, then please apply with your most recent copy of your CV (MS Word version), ensuring that dates of past work history is correct and up-to-date.
Capita Resourcing welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Services offered by Capita Resourcing are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.