Bike Technician - £33,053 + Bonus + benefits - FTSE 100 engineering organisation
I am recruiting on behalf of the UK's leading engineering support organisation. They have a requirement for a number of Bike Technicians to support a major contract supporting the MET's fleet of vehicles.
The successful Bike Technician will be responsible for identifying faults and repairing a number of vehicles, including both marked and undercover police cars.
- To service, adjust and repair vehicles, components and accessories including removal and refitting in a safe, proper and economical manner using equipment provided.
- To diagnose faults and test vehicles utilising equipment available and using recognised test procedures and techniques. This will include road testing where deemed necessary. To drive in a manner within the parameters of the law and ensuring that all police signs are covered appropriately.
- To observe, recognise and report on defects and/or symptoms of impending failure. Identification of recharge costs advising the Workshop Controller and correct completion of paperwork.
- To order from the parts department, all necessary replacement parts, ensuring that no parts are fitted to vehicles other than those required to complete the work.
- To interpret technical service information and data from manuals, bulletins and or computer files and data. Implement by applying correct techniques.
- To ensure at all times that equipment and tools are kept in a clean, safe condition and to report any shortages or damaged/faulty equipment the line manager.
The ideal candidate will be;
- A time served apprentice mechanic
- Safety conscious
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
If you are an experienced Bike Technician and would like the opportunity to progress your career with a global organisation please contact me on 0117 9309 726 or
Apply for Bike Techncian
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly