Quality Tester - £30,615 + Bonus + benefits - FTSE 100 engineering organisation
I am recruiting on behalf of the UK's leading engineering support organisation. They have a requirement for a Quality Tester to join a highly skilled team working on a high profile contract with the MET.
The successful Quality Tester will be responsible for checking the work carried out by the technicians, ensuring it meets the correct quality standards. Furthermore you will carry out MOT's and, during busy periods, assist with the service and repair of a large fleet of MET police vehicles.
- To ensure that all vehicles are inspected and maintained and serviced to a high standard of work, that is set by the customer.
- To confirm that all the paper work, log book and scheduling is up to date, on the vehicle prior to the vehicle being sent back to the customer.
- To liaise with workshop controller and supervisors to ensure that operation requirements are identified and achieved
- To ensure that all parts booked out by the technician have been fitted to the vehicles to complete the job, and any unwanted parts have been returned to the stores department.
- Conduct work in a safe tidy and clean manner taking responsibility for the working environment and allocated work area, cleaning work area after completion jobs.
- Provide technical guidance and diagnostic support to colleagues where required
- Ensure all warranty job card completions are followed in order to maintain compliance to the terms of warranty in-house status.
- Ensure all QTIB bulletins and related procedures and supporting documentation are read and signed pro-actively on a quarterly basis. And also all technicians are adhering to them too.
- Keep up to date with technical and manufacturer/industry information.
The ideal candidate will be;
- A time served apprentice mechanic
- Safety conscious
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
If you are an experienced vehicle technician and would like the opportunity to progress your career with a global organisation please contact me on 0117 9309 726 or