Information Security Consutlant
Job Role: Senior Information Security Consultant
Salary/Rate: Excellent Salary!
Start Date: ASAP
Senior Information Security Consultant – Permanent – Bristol – Excellent Salary!
Our client is looking to attract Senior Information Security Consultants to ensure the successful delivery of their security and risk services. Our client is looking for experienced security practitioners who are comfortable with leading security work as well as being enthusiastic team members.
The role will suit professionals with significant experience who are looking to further develop their career and provide real benefit to clients that make use of cutting-edge technology. In return, we offer a challenging and rewarding role, career development, an empowered and supportive working environment and a competitive reward package.
The successful candidate will be based at Bristol or Gloucestershire. However, travel is to be expected with this role.
- Provide pragmatic security advice and guidance for clients in ‘business as usual’, technical refresh and new project environments that balances business benefit with security requirements
- Identify and establish good security governance to meet client business requirements and risk appetite and cascading this across the business through clear communication, training and ongoing support
- Identify client security risks within their operational environment and determine appropriate remediation based on business risk appetite that protects information assets from loss, misuse, leakage or corruption
- Perform compliance activity on client systems and business processes to assess the levels of security control and identify gaps to address
- Create client security policies and procedures to meet corporate and regulatory requirements
- Work in partnership with clients to implement security controls in pragmatic ways that deliver investment value and support business operations
- Build successful working relationships with team members, key customers and stakeholders that improves the value of the security services being performed
- Mentor others within the security team in a technical and consultancy capacity
- Assist in the growth of our client’s information security services
- Successful candidates will have been engaged in a security background with relevant previous experience in a technical or consulting environment.
- Understanding of risk management and accreditation within the MoD desirable.
- Broad knowledge of security systems and controls covering physical, procedural and technical areas with appropriate SME knowledge in some subjects
- Excellent presentation and communication abilities to present security principles to technical and non-technical clients
- Experience in security consultancy, risk assessment and compliance activity in corporate and government environments, including exposure to ISO27001 and other relevant management standards
- Knowledge and implementation experience of security best including UK Government security requirements
- Holder of key security industry qualifications such as CISSP, CISM, ISO 27001
- CCP SIRA and/or IA Architect desirable.
- Flexibility over travel throughout the UK. Flexibility to work abroad would be desirable.
- Ability to provide high-quality work under pressure, deliver security outcomes to tight deadlines and manage client stakeholder expectations
- Ability to work both effectively individually, as a lead within a team and also as part of a team in a multi-discipline environment and in a matrix organisation.
- An excellent communicator, verbal (ability to listen) and written (able to write concisely);
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks concurrently, successfully balancing business and client priorities
- Experienced in developing consultancy and business development skills.
- An interest in maintaining and enhancing technical and consultancy skills is essential
Our client has been recognised by The Sunday Times ‘25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers for Women’ in 2015. Our client supports flexible working and equal opportunities as they believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed their customers’ expectations.
Benefits include 25 days annual leave with the option to buy up an additional 15 more days. Flexible working options will be considered for this vacancy.
You will be required to hold security clearance. If you do not hold an active clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the ‘Apply now’ button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2016.