Business Development Lead
CGIs Secure Space Systems business is looking to recruit a dynamic, enthusiastic and capable business development lead.
The role holder will be responsible for the identification, development and successful closure of strategic new business within CGI’s Secure Space Systems business area. He/She will manage activities to identify and create new business revenue growth with clients and run strategic campaigns into nominated high-growth areas as appropriate. He/She will be part of the business area leadership team and will support the design and implementation of a focused go-to-market strategy to include the target client, propositions, contact plan and win strategy. The job holder’s performance will be measured primarily against objectives based on the value of opportunities won each year as well as delivery against in-year revenue and margins for new business won.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Define, develop and own key target customer relationships and customer contact strategy.
• Engage early in the business development cycle with senior level customer representatives to influence strategy and increase the chance of both qualifying in and winning.
• Position CGI and create the opportunity to differentiate.
• Successfully qualify opportunities early on in the bid cycle and to minimise bid costs by ensuring efficient use of resources and a focus on bids where the chances of success are solid.
• Understand customer business issues and align CGI propositions to create new business opportunity.
• Build and develop account plans and win plans.
• Create and then lead pursuit teams (covering bid management, solution, finance, operations and delivery) to successfully bid for contracts within an agreed bid budget.
• Develop relationships with key partners that will assist in business growth.
• Deliver both the TCV wins and in-year revenue objectives set each year.
• Work closely with the Secure Space Systems leadership team to communicate new business activity, pipelines and forecasts.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Self-sufficient and results driven, excited by the prospect of playing an important role in growing the business.
• A number of years’ of business development / sales experience, ideally within an Independent Software Vendor (ISV), IT Services Company or Satellite Systems Prime.
• Proven track-record of achieving new business objectives and delivering profitable business outcomes.
• Good leadership skills in managing, motivating and coaching.
• Strong presentation, interpersonal and influencing skills.
• Space sector insight and experience, including involvement in industry trade committees and working groups
• Good understanding of the MoD / RAF, of doing business with the MoD / RAF and of MoD / RAF capabilities and ambitions in the space sector
You must hold a UK SC or be SC Clearable for this role.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.